On our school site we have an independent Pre-school which was rated as outstanding by OFSTED following an inspection on 6th March 2013.
OFSTED commented and highlighted the excellent transition links that we have with the pre-school.
As a school we have a good working relationship with the pre-school, working closely together to aid a smooth transition from pre-school to the reception class within school. This allows us to share good practice, expertise and events that take place within the school.
We have developed a good transition from pre-school to school by ensuring that the children feel part of the school before joining the reception class.
We do this by:
- Miss Hiles (Class 1 teacher) visits at least once a week and conducts an activity with the children.
- Pre-school leavers visit for assembly and eat their lunch in the school hall once a week.
- The children from pre-school join the school children for morning play.
- The pre-school children use the hall for their P.E sessions.
- The school invites the pre-school to join in with celebrations such as Harvest festival.
We, as a school, believe that our links with the pre-school provide a sound and successful start to the children’s school life.